As a teenager I recall my purple butterfly calendar hanging from the back of my room door that counted down the weeks until summertime. More specifically, when I could ditch my layered clothing for tanks, shorts, and all of the above. One year, my countdown didn't excite me anymore because the previous year I had experienced a sever breakout on the top portions of my outer arm. The area was exposed when wearing sleeveless tops and even some short sleeved shirts. This summer was a miserable one because it consisted of quarter sleeve shirts OR arm exposing tops paired with a light jacket. I felt stuffy. My awareness of products that would give my confidence back did not exist.. After time, I got my summer joy back with no body acne in sight. But, like volcanoes, things go dormant for a period of time and when you least expect *boom* - the explosion catches you un-warned.
Even in my adult years, I'll get less severe breakouts on my arms and my upper back, all visible areas when wearing pieces from my wardrobe. Luckily as the older generation adults say in my life say, "with age comes wisdom."
On the hunt for an expensive skin care product (the higher the price the quicker the results is the 'foolness' I once believed) I found Neutrogena's Body Clear Body Wash ($6.49). Only if a product like was my knight in shining armor years sooner. Then again, puberty and mother nature were determined to claim it's territory by any means necessary.
Here's how I use the Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash in conjunction with my shower rituals:
1. Saturate body in stream of water
2. Cleanse with product(s) of choice
3. Rinse all residue. This is an important step because product buildup clogs pores and puts you in the red zone for breakouts.
4. Apply Neutrogena to problem areas with exfoliating glove (I find that the glove allows for more intense penetration of the product)
5. Rinse all residue.
6. Dry body 90% so that a little dampness is still felt (I love leaving a little moisture on my skin because it can get pretty dry)
7. Apply moisturizer of choice. Tip: I apply a facial moisturizer to the problem areas that I just cleansed with the Neutrogena. I only do this if I'm in the company of a breakout.
Even when my breakout clears up, I try to incorporate the Neutrogena body wash into my shower routine as much as possible.
I want to breakup with breakouts forever! What are your favorite products to use when the volcano explodes?
xo's - AFab